ACTA GEOLOGICA SINICA Instructions to Authors
ACTA GEOLOGICA SINICA is an academic journal of geological sciences sponsored by the Geological Society of China. This journal aims to disseminate original and innovative basic, theoretical, and research achievements in various branches of geological sciences and frontier disciplines. The journals of ACTA GEOLOGICA SINICA and ACTA GEOLOGICA SINICA (English edition) independently publish scientific articles.
1 The Editorial Board and the Authors Agree on the Following Items:
(1) Authors should ensure that there are no duplicate contributions and that they have undisputed copyright.
(2) All articles should be submitted online. The articles of ACTA GEOLOGICA SINICA should be submitted to the website ofhttp://www.geojournals.cn/dzxb/ch/index.aspx.The articles of ACTA GEOLOGICA SINICA (English edition) should be submitted to the website ofhttp://www.geojournals.cn/georev/ch/index.aspx.The articles to GEOLOGICAL REVIEW should be submitted tohttp://www.geojournals.cn/georev/ch/index.aspx. For online submission, please put the text, chart and table in the same Microsoft Word file (please retain the original file for revisions. See the website description for detailed submission steps).
The acceptance of the submitted articles will be based on the reviews and the decision of the editorial board.
(3) Contributions submitted to the editorial board should not be submitted to other journals at the same time, otherwise they will be regarded as duplicatesubmissions of the same manuscript.
(4) The Editorial Board undertakes to give a decision on the submission within 90 days.Authors should not submit manuscripts to other journals during this period.
(5) The authors shall submit the Word document of manuscript and high quality CorelDRAW figures to the editorial board after revising the manuscript according to the amendments made by the editorial board.
(6) The manuscript is responsible for scientific content. Substantial amendments must be made with the consent of the author.
(7) After the manuscript is published, the remuneration will be paid according to the regulations.
2 Requirements for Contributions
Each paper should contain the following elements: title (no more than 25 Chinese characters), author, author's affiliation, content summary (no less than 400 Chinese characters), key words (about five characters), introduction (although not separately labelled,an introduction section is required), text, chart, acknowledgements, references, notes, English abstract (the same as Chinese abstract), and author's brief introduction. The important points are as follows:
The length is unlimited. To be included are geological setting, research methods, results, discussions and conclusions. The manuscripts submitted to the ACTA GEOLOGICA SINICA (English edition) must be standardized and fluent. Please attach the corresponding Chinese manuscripts in order to accurately understand the meaning of the original text.
①All maps involving national boundaries must be drawn according to the latest geographical base map published by the Map Publishing House.
②The best figure format is CorelDraw X4 (editable, not imported). For drawings compiled with other software, please provide a 600 dpi TIF file. For color photographs (including plates), please provide JPG format files with >600 dpi resolution.
③Figure size. The width of a single column figure is not larger than 80 mm, and the maximum is 245 mm; the width of a double column figure is not more than 168 mm, the maximum is 245 mm; the width of a full-page horizontal figure is not more than 235 mm, and the maximum is 170 mm (the width above includes both Chinese and English figure names and instructions). Chinese fonts should be in Song style, and English and numerals should be in Time New Roman, with font size of 6–8 p.
④Different parts of a figure can be distinguished by common geological patterns (or symbols). Except for photographs, gray-scale images are not recommended. If it is necessary to use gray scale figures to represent different parts, the gray scales should be as few as possible, and the gray differences should be as large as possible.
⑤If the pictures are color photographs, you can choose to put them together in one picture.
⑥The names, descriptions and annotations of illustrations should be given in both Chinese and English.
This journal adopts the author-year cataloguing method. In the text, the first author and the year are listed in parentheses in English or Chinese Western names, such as (Li Siguang, 1945), (Huang Jiqing, 1978, 1984; Huang Jiqing et al., 1983; Смирнов, 1986; Smith et al., 1990, 1992, 1996; Иванов и др., 1999). When listing several documents, the order is chronological.
Chinese documents should be translated into English, and all English documents should be placed under the heading "References". English documents should be arranged in an alphabetical order of the first author followed by years. This text is succeeded by other languages under the title of references arranged consecutivelyin the order Chinese, Japanese, Western language and Russian. The Chinese literature should be arranged according to the first author's name, Chinese phonetic alphabet and age. Other literature should be arranged in an alphabetical order according to the first author's name. If you submit to ACTA GEOLOGICA SINICA (English edition), you do not need to consider the above notes.
Please list all the authors. However, monographs can be listed according to the cover style of the original book, such as "See: XXX Editor-in-Chief" designating one person as the editor-in-chief. Please refer to our publications since 2016 for the format of each article. The citation of books can be divided into two sections: (a)if the book itself has a corresponding English name, the citation shall be in accordance with the normal requirements; (b)if the book itself does not have corresponding English name, try not to cite the document. If it must be cited, it should only be listed in the Chinese references, and the occurrence of the text will be cited in Chinese.
(4) Notes. When citing non-public literature, a column of Notes should be listed separately after the text in the same format as the References. For detailed formats of References and Notes please refer to the annotations for the revision in ACTA GEOLOGICA SINICA.
(5) English abstract. Papers published in ACTA GEOLOGICA SINICA and GEOLOGICAL REVIEW must submit an English abstract, including title, author, author affiliation, content summary and key words. Authors and the authors' affiliations should include the full names. The content summary should be consistent with, and preferably more detailed than the corresponding Chinese summary.
(6) Author's brief introduction mainly introduces the author's academic experience. Since 1998, telephone, e-mail and fax have been added to facilitate direct contact between readers and authors.
Editorial Board ofACTA GEOLOGICA SINICA
Publication Ethics Statement of Acta Geologica Sinica
The listed guidelines aim to strengthen the academic integrity of the journal Acta Geologica Sinica. Our objective is to clarify publication ethics and standardize rules of publishing for all participants involved in writing, reviewing, editing and publishing. For additionaldetails, please refer to the website of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) on http://www.publicationethics.org/.
1. For authors
1.1The manuscripts should be based on original research, with the exception of review articles. The contentsshouldnot be under consideration of publication elsewhere or have been previously published inany language.Authors must avoid ethical misconduct, includingplagiarism, fraud, falsification, authorship dispute, improper citation, multiple submissions, duplicate publication and copyright violations.
1.2All listedauthors should have provided substantial contributions to the paper and take responsibilityfor all aspects of their research. The authorship should be confirmed upon submission. If the authorship needs to be changed, the revised author contribution statement should be provided to the journal with the approval of all the co-authors.
1.3 Papers that present any analyses of previously published results should identify the primary data source, and include a full reference to the related primary publications.All funding sources and other sources of support (individuals or institutionsthat have contributed to the manuscript) should be clearly listedin the acknowledgments section of the manuscript.
2. For peer reviewers
2.1 Peer reviewers shouldreview manuscripts in accordance with scientificstandards, give their comments based on scrutinizing the originality, innovativeness, scientific value, and authenticity of the manuscript.Peer reviewer’s decision on individual manuscripts acceptance should not be influenced by the race，gender, and religion of the authors.
2.2 Peer reviewers should ensure confidential handling of manuscripts, with no details being disclosed to anyone. Do not use or publish data and conclusions from the reviewed manuscript without the permission of the author.
2.3 Peer reviewers should avoid reviewing manuscripts when they have conflicts of interest with the authors and/orinstitutions.
3. For editors
3.1 The editing process must be fair and timely. Editors’ decisions about whether to publish individual manuscripts submitted to the journal should be based on the originality, significance and scientific valueof the manuscript.
3.2 Editors should ensure confidential handling of manuscripts. They are required to respect the confidentiality of peer review, and not disclose the contents of manuscripts to anyone before publication.
3.3 Declare any conflicts of interest. Avoid editing manuscripts when there are conflicts of interest with authors.
3.4 Major revisions should be avoided during editing without the approval of authors.
4. For publisher
4.1 For accepted manuscripts with ethical misconduct, the journal has the right to withdraw the manuscript.
4.2 For published articles with ethical misconduct, the journal has the right to retract the article and declare a retraction statement.